Constipation and IBS-C
A few years ago I wrote a few programs on constipation and IBS-C. Both of these conditions are highly prevalent and cause patients significant distress. There are some good resources if you want to learn more:
- Treatment Algorithm for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation and Constipation-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome Derived from a Canadian National Survey and Needs Assessment on Choices of Therapeutic Agents (2017)
- ROME IV – Diagnosis and management of Bowel Disorders (2016)
- Chronic constipation: Current treatment options (2011)
- American College of Gastroenterology monograph on management of Irritable Bowel syndrome 2018
Interactive Quiz (15 T/F Questions)
I thought I would do a quick quiz on constipation and IBS. I hope you find it helpful.
- Lacy, Brian E., Fermín Mearin, Lin Chang, William D. Chey, Anthony J. Lembo, Magnus Simren, and Robin Spiller. “Bowel Disorders.” Gastroenterology 150, no. 6 (May 2016): 1393-1407.e5. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2016.02.031.
Tse, Yvonne, David Armstrong, Christopher N. Andrews, Alain Bitton, Brian Bressler, John Marshall, and Louis Liu. “Treatment Algorithm for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation and Constipation Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome Derived from A Canadian National Survey and Needs Assessment on Choices of Therapeutic Agents.” The Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology Ahead of print (n.d.).